WARRIOR POSE (Virabhadrasana II)
Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana II)
- Tones shoulders & Arms.
- Breaks down fat in the hip area.
- Improvement in Balance.
- Increases focus and concentration.
- Strengthens and builds up calves, shins, and ankles.
- Improves groin flexibility.
Directions: (This is a beginner pose)
1. Stand up: Step with feet about the length of one leg.
2. Turn your feet: One foot is at 45 degrees while the other is at a 90 degree angle.
3. Turn your head: Gaze in the direction in align with the arm on the side of the leg that is bent.
4. Remained balanced: Keep your shoulders & chest in alignment. (This is to avoid tipping backwards.
5. Breathe: On exhale bend right leg, allowing your knee to become aligned with your ankle.
6. Lift the kneecap: Engage your muscles to lift the knee cap while internally rotating your leg.
7. Stay grounded: Anchor your leg.
8. Focus: Maintain position for five breaths.