EAGLE POSE (Garudasana)
Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
- Strengthens thigh, quadriceps, hamstrings, calf muscles, achilles tendon and inner thighs.
- Works on strengthening the feet.
- Improves balance.
- Increases focus and concentration.
- Strengthens shoulders and tricep muscles.
Directions: (This is a beginner pose)
1. Stand up: Bend knees slightly and lift one leg and cross it over the other above the knee.
2. Position your feet: Wrap your foot behind your calf and squeeze your thighs together.
3. Stabilize: Stretch your feet and create a stronger grip on the floor.
4. Add the arms: Cross your arms and put your palms together.
5. Focus and breathe: Gaze forward and focus on your breathe while holding the position.